Applications Due by July 1, 2017
For 10 years the WCA Group Health Trust (GHT) has awarded scholarships to college students who are studying the medical field. The GHT board of directors allocates $10,000 per year for these scholarships, each worth $2,000, as a way to give back to the members and communities that have made the GHT a success.
Please mail all application materials, including a personal essay and letter of recommendation by July 1, 2017 to WCA Group Health Trust, 22 E. Mifflin Street, Suite 900, Madison, WI 53703.
The winners will be announced mid-August 2017. All entries submitted will become property of WCA Group Health Trust and may be used for educational and/or marketing purposes; the original author will be credited.
- $1,000 for a technical college student or $2,000 for a 4-year university student; up to $10,000 in scholarships will be awarded.
- Completed application form.
- Essay about future goals and career plans. Please include information regarding extracurricular activities and volunteer work.
- One letter of recommendation submitted by a teacher, advisor or peer.
- The applicant must enroll full-time at a Wisconsin college in the fall 2017 term as either a second-year student at a technical college; or an upper class (at least third-year) student at a four-year university.
- The applicant must be working towards a career in health services. Special consideration will be given to those majoring in nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology or dental hygiene.
- The applicant or the applicant’s spouse, parent, grandparent or guardian must be an employee of a member of WCA Group Health Trust.
- The applicant must submit a headshot suitable for insertion in Wisconsin Counties magazine.
Note: If you were awarded this scholarship in the past, you are not eligible for consideration.