LaVerne Foster from Motive8ed of the Mequon-Thiensville School District, participated in the YMCA Tour de Highlander, a 17.2 mile bike ride.
Week 8 Winners Also Selected
Congratulations to all of the participants in the 3rd Annual GHT Fitness Challenge. It is our hope that you enjoyed the challenge and remember that everyone that participated is a winner! Your decision to participate and become more active benefits you and can help improve your health. We hope you continue with your active lifestyle! A special thank you to the Team Leaders for reporting your team's points each week.
For the final week of the challenge there were 172 teams that met the weekly goal of 160 points. In a random drawing the following teams were chosen as the Week 8 Team Goal Winners. (See below for Week 8 Team Goal and Bonus Challenge Winners).
The points from the last eight weeks have been tabulated and the top three teams for the 2014 WCA Group Health Fitness Challenge are:
1. Flab-U-Less from Burnett County Government Center
Team Members: Karen Burgett, Alanna Calaman, Mary Doll, Ashley Goffin, Byron Hopke, Stacy Hopke, Samantha Falck and Ron Wilhelm.
2. SlimTacticals from the School District of Holmen
Team Members: Heather Foley, David James, Kristi James, Kelly Sheehan, Andy Foley and Nick Peterson.
3. Bun Burners from Oneida County Health Department
Team Members: Brenda Husing, Jacob Husing, Dawn Kllink, Niki Kostrova, Mitch Kostrova, Pattie Theiler, Joe Waskmonski and Kyla Waskmonski.
Week 8 Goal Winners:
The Fit Amys from Eau Claire County
JAS From School District of Holmen
Ann Marie Dahl
Week 8 Bonus Challenge Winner
Damsels of Steel from Adams-Friendship School District
- See a FINAL week-by-week listing of all goal, challenge and special contest winners here.
- The FINAL listing of all teams and their points throughout the GHT Fitness Challenge can be seen here.
- See the FINAL updated GHT Fitness Challenge Newsletter here, which also features this year's six "Diligent Reporter Award Winners."