The WCA Group Health Trust (GHT) is excited to sponsor its eighth annual fitness challenge from April 14-May 25.
For the latest team leader update, click here.
Send Us Your Photographs!
This year there is also a separate form to submit photos, click here to submit your best pics!
- Participants must be a member of the WCA Group Health Trust.
- Team members must be at least 16 years old.
- A team can have 1-4 members. All teams compete in one category. For example, a two person team will compete against a four-member team. Winning teams are determined by their overall point total.
- A team leader is chosen to be the contact person and to report weekly team points. You can be a team leader for only one team.
- During the challenge, participants will track their activity for each week. Their total points for the week will then be reported to their team leader.
There is an opportunity to earn additional points by doing the weekly challenge. Each day that you complete the respective activity you can add one point to your tracker.
- Week 1: View video and follow warm up and cool down suggestions.
- Week 2: Keep a diary of your food and drink intake
- Week 3: Consume at least 64 oz. of water per day
- Week 4: Sleep 7-9 hours per night
- Week 5: 2 (awake) hours without using a computer, cell phone, TV, etc.
- Week 6: Choose any activity from the previous 5 weeks. You can mix and match!
How Points Are Earned
Participants can earn points each day depending on the amount of time they spend doing a physical activity. Choose which category you achieved and record the corresponding points. For example, if you did a 55 minute workout you would report 3 points for that day.
- 1-30 minutes/day = 1 point
- 31-60 minutes/day = 3 points
- 61-120 minutes/day = 5 points
- 120 minutes/day = 7 points
You can earn an additional 5 points for each community or charity sponsored fitness event you participate in (ex. 5k run/walk, triathlon, bicycle race, etc.) These events must be open to the public and you have to participate in the event. Simply volunteering does not qualify you for the points. The event must occur April 14-May 25, 2019.
Tracking Your Points
Each participant can use this tracker to record their daily points. You can print a version if you prefer a paper copy. If you want an electronic version an excel file is also available. This tracker is for your own use and is not turned in.
Weekly Prize Drawing: Each week, every team that reports their total points will be entered in a prize drawing. The chosen teams will receive prizes for each team member that will be sent to the team leader.
Diligent Reporters: Any team that reports points for every week will be entered in a drawing at the end of the challenge. Each team member will receive a prize.
Challenge Winners: The top 30 teams will receive prizes. Each team member will receive GHT merchandise and a gift card.
Please use your best judgment when determining if an activity qualifies for points. This list provides a guideline, but does not include all activities that qualify. Your activity should require a moderate to vigorous level of effort.
- Aerobic Activities:
- Brisk Walking
- Aerobics Class
- Roller Blading
- Baseball/Softball/Volleyball/Hockey, etc.
- Lifting weights
- Working with resistance bands
- Exercise that uses your body weight for resistance (push-ups or sit-ups)
- Heavy gardening (digging, shoveling)
For questions, contact:
Wisconsin Counties Association
22 East Mifflin, Suite 900
Madison, WI 53703