The WCA Group Health Trust (GHT) is excited to announce its seventh annual fitness challenge from April 8-May 19.
How The Challenge Works
- Participants must be a member of the WCA Group Health Trust.
- All team members must be at least 16 years old.
- During the challenge, participants will track their activity for each week. Their total points for the week will then be reported to their team leader.
- A team can have 1-4 members. There is one category, so for example, a two person team will compete against a four member team.
- A team leader is chosen to be the contact person and to report weekly team points. You can only be a team leader for one team.
Weekly Prize Drawing: Each week, every team that reports their total points will be entered in a prize drawing. The chosen teams will receive prizes for each team member that will be sent to the team leader.
Diligent Reporter: Any team that reports points for every week will be entered in a drawing at the end of the challenge. Each team member will receive a prize.
Challenge Winner: The top 30 teams will receive prizes. Each team member will receive a voucher to purchase merchandise. The prize selection is to be determined.
Please use your best judgment when determining if an activity qualifies for points. This list provides a guideline, but does not include all activities that qualify. Please be honest to make this competition fun and fair for everyone participating.
Your activity should require moderate to vigorous level of effort. If you are participating in a team sport, please only count the actual time you are active. For example, if you are sitting out an inning during a baseball game, that time doesn't count.
- Brisk Walking
- Aerobics Class
- Roller Blading
- Swimming Baseball/Softball/Volleyball/Hockey, etc.
- Lifting weights
- Working with resistance bands
- Exercise that uses your body weight for resistance (push-ups or sit-ups) Heavy gardening (digging, shoveling)
How Points Are Earned
Participants can earn points each day depending on the amount of time they spend doing a physical activity.
1-30 minutes of physical activity
31-60 minutes of physical activity
61-120 minutes of physical activity
The Team Leader should register the team. To register please click here. You will need the following information to complete the registration form:
- First and last name of the team leader
- GHT group name (your employer)
- Team leader's email address
- Full address of team leader (work address)
- Full name of all team members
- Email addresses of team members (Optional)